- About Us
- Trade Shows
- Indian Institute of Gems & Jewellery (IIGJ)
- Indian Diamond Institute (IDI)
- Gemmological Institute of India (GII)
- Gem Testing Laboratory, Jaipur (GTL)
- Indian Gemmological Institute, Delhi (IGI)
- Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI)
- News Room
In our endeavor to promote Indian exports to emerging markets, Council has been continuously adapting new business initiatives and devising programs with Russia & CIS region with a view to establish new business relationships in the gem & jewellery sector. Recently, we had successfully organized the 1st ever Indo-Russia Jewellery Summit in June 2011 at Mumbai which was attended by 12 high volume Wholesalers and Retailers.
In continuation of the above, in view of the current business needs of the diamond industry to develop new sourcing relationships, Council now intends to organize a reverse Indo-Russia Diamond Buyer Seller Meet (BSM) from 3rd – 5th April 2012 at a five-star hotel in SURAT (GUJARAT). This unique 3-day opportunity will be an ideal platform to showcase India’s strength & capabilities in manufacturing world-class diamonds and encourage sourcing of cut & polished diamonds in smaller & bigger sizes. The 3-day tour of India will thrust upon the following:
- Provide a never before opportunity to decision makers from about 15-25 Russian companies comprising mainly of Wholesalers & Jewellery manufacturers to an all expense paid trip to SURAT and meet with 15 select manufacturers to understand Indian diamond manufacturing, supply chain, business practices and culture.
- Identify and develop NEW sourcing opportunities and substantially increase direct diamond exports
Council invites members from Diamond Panel to take advantage of this unique opportunity and participate at the subject event as one of the Indian members. Limited opportunities are available as only 15 diamond companies having appropriate capabilities would be eligible to participate at the said BSM. This exclusive platform is envisaged to provide an effective business platform for both communities to engage in meaningful discussion and presents a chance to learn more about the prevailing business culture currently prevalent in Russia/CIS countries.
Benefits to GJEPC member participants:
- One-to-one closed door meeting opportunity and showcase product to each visiting Attendee (3 & 4 April)
- Each meeting will be planned to last for approx. 30-40 minutes
- 1 Meeting Room & Stay room (twin sharing basis) for each Participant (3 & 4 April)
- Factory Tour by Attendees choice (5 April)
- Individual Interpreter Facility (3-5 April)
- Advance circulation of participants’ directory (in Russian) with their company profiles, stock listing & price list amongst targeted Russian companies
Short listing of Participants: The applications will be screened by the Council and members will be selected or given preference based on the following criteria:
- Applicants have manufacturing factory in & around Surat.
- Fair representation to be given to different groups i.e., Large/Medium/Small Enterprise
It may also be noted that the organization of the proposed BSM will only be possible if minimum 15 applications are received by the above stipulated deadline. Interested members may send across their confirmation along with a deposit amount of `. 200000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs only) to the Council’s Head Office or any of the Regional Offices. The total participation cost will be approx. `. 400,000/- (Rupees Four Lakhs only) + applicable taxes. For further details, please contact Mr. Rajesh Sharma, Sr. Manager- Exhibitions, Exhibition Cell on email@example.com or call on +91 22 26544600.