JCK Las Vegas – the jewellery industry's premier event show organized is the most comprehensive jewellery gathering in the US, scheduled from the 1st – 4th of June 2012 at Mandalay Bay Hotel & Conventional Centre, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, offering a superior experience for business and networking, with over 3100 exhibitors, 21,000 visitors and 22 country pavilions from across the globe.
This year the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry has decided to declare the Indian participation at JCK Las Vegas 2012 as an INDIA SHOW which will be visited by officials from the ministry of Commerce and Industry and will showcase gems, jewellery and culture from India. The event will also see the presence of international brand ambassador of the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC), Sonam Kapoor – noted Indian Bollywood diva and fashionista. Post her appearance at the Cannes film festival as the Loreal brand ambassador, Sonam Kapoor will grace the inaugural function of JCK on June 1st and add glitter and glamour to the India Evening as a Showstopper.
Speaking about this much awaited show, says Chairman, GJEPC, Mr. Rajiv Jain: "It is indeed an honour to have JCK Las Vegas be accorded as the 'India Show' by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. This show is an opportunity to further accentuate India's growing recognition in the international arena as THE global destination for gems and jewellery.
'India Gallery' showcases exemplary work by Indian designers and brands, that are not just unique but one of its kind globally. The cultural acts by ICCR, Indian Cuisines, promotions across the Show by Ministry of Tourism and GJEPC is an effort to build an aura of India and establish identity for the BRAND INDIA, as it is the most sought after destination today", added Mr. Jain.
The India Gallery at the 'Shark Reef' is a prominent location at the venue that will display most exquisite jewellery pieces from India reinstating India's position as 'Global Jewellery Hub'. These pieces are handpicked by the GJEPC, who will invite the finest and leading manufacturers and retailers dealing in designer jewellery to display their products. The showcase will be in the categories of mass produced, couture, designer and further that of gold and silver.
Key features and highlights expected at the JCK Vegas 2012 show:
• A grand inauguration: India Gem & Jewellery Industry Chairman Mr. Rajiv Jain along with Ministry officials and Ms. Sonam Kapoor will inaugurate the Show with Reed officials. An Indian Cultural dance performance by some of the finest dancers would follow.
• Everyday Jewellery Fashion Show: Showcase of Indian designs - Daily half an hour display of Indian jewellery designs by models in the Runway Café, Shorelines, Level 2 of Mandalay Bay from 2.00 to 2.30 pm
• Indian Cuisine: Chefs from Taj, Mumbai, will fly down to Vegas to design a special India Evening Menu and serve scrumptious Delicacies to the invitees of the Evening. One can experience "Flavours of India" at an exclusive restaurant serving Indian cuisine at the venue all through the show.
• India Evening: Hosted on the 1st of June at Mandalay Bay, the participants will witness a spectacular show by world renowned Kathak dance artiste, Pandit Chitresh Das, with ICCR presenting a cultural act along with an exclusive Jewellery fashion show. The showstopper for the India evening will be the beautiful Indian actress and GJEPC's International brand ambassador Sonam Kapoor.
• Every Day Cultural Act: GJEPC brings in glimpse of Incredible India through Cultural performances from Gujarat State. Gujarat popularly known for its ethnicity and vibrancy will showcase varied kind of cultural pieces. Cultural performances will take place at Lobby Level from 5.30 to 6.00pm.
The India Pavilion located at Bayside Level of Mandalay Bay covers an absolute wide array of fine jewellery products ranging from platinum to gold, diamonds, watches, designer jewellery, antique and estate, bridal jewellery, coloured gemstones, loose diamonds, jewellery services, very high end giftware, pearls, etc. and will be visited by jewellery manufacturers, importers, traders and retailers. It will feature a variety of regionally inspired and product specific pavilions. India Pavilion by GJEPC has been a participant at JCK Las Vegas since 2004 and Indian Contingent has grown manifolds since then.
India today is undeniably the centre of gem & jewellery trade with total exports recorded at US$ 46 billion in Jan-Dec 2011. India accounts for 14% of India's total merchandize export. Most recently, it is in the jewellery sector that India has made a brilliant impact, emerging as the fastest growing jewellery exporter in the world, averaging a growth of nearly 10-15% each year over the last decade. India today, is poised to take over the world, with its vigour, vibrancy and dynamism.