- About Us
- Trade Shows
- Indian Institute of Gems & Jewellery (IIGJ)
- Indian Diamond Institute (IDI)
- Gemmological Institute of India (GII)
- Gem Testing Laboratory, Jaipur (GTL)
- Indian Gemmological Institute, Delhi (IGI)
- Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI)
- News Room
- Participation in various International & National Exhibitions and other events organised by Council
- Permission letter for participation in Private Exhibitions abroad / export promotion tour etc
- Discount in the Processing fees for Kimberly Process Certificate
Become a Member Click here
Already a member, click here to sign inImportant
The GJEPC portal is being upgraded to give an enhanced experience with GJEPC Services. You will be able to access all GJEPC services i.e. Trade Show services, Membership services, Kimberly Process services and more through the same username and password.Registration Cum Membership Certificate. (RCMS No.)
The basic objective of export promotion councils is to promote and develop the exports of the country. Each council is responsible for the promotion of a particular group of products. As per para 2.4 of the policy, any person applying for licence / certificate / permission to import or export, (except restricted items as per the policy) or any other benefit or concession under the export and import policy shall be required to furnish Registration cum membership certificate granted by the competent authority unless specifically exempted under the policy. The exporters of Gems and Jewellery should get themselves registered with the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council as indicated in chapter 3 of the Handbook of Procedures 2002-2007. For this purpose an exporter may make an application as per appendix 4 of the Handbook of procedures and become a member of the EPC. On being admitted to membership, the applicant shall be granted forthwith Registration-cum-membership certificate (RCMC). He should mention his main line of business in the application. Prospective / potential exporter may also apply for registration and become a member of the council.The application for registration-cum-membership should be made with the following documents:-
- Form of application of Registration – cum Membership, wherein the product for which the registration required is to be specified (for example, if the applicant is an exporter of diamonds, he should get registered for Diamonds.)
- A self certified copy of the IEC number, issued by the licensing authorities concerned.
- Bank certificate in support of the applicant's financial soundness.
- SSI/IEM certificate in case the registration is sought as Manufacturer Exporter.
- A declaration regarding the exports and imports effected during the preceding financial year.
- A copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association in the case of companies / partnership deed in the case of partnership firms.
The application form should be sponsored by another member exporter of the Export Promotion Council, who is not an associate or a sister concern of the applicant. He should also be a member with the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council for more than three years. After scrutiny and satisfaction, if the applicant is not a defaulter, the Registration cum Membership Certificate is issued to him, in the format given in Appendix – 4A. If there is any change in the ownership /constitution / name or address of the exporter, it should able duly incorporated in the RCMC within 30 days from the date of such change The registering authority may condone the delay on merits. This certificate is valid for a period of five years, issued upto the end of licensing year (ie. upto 31 st March). The membership fee should be paid by 30 th April of every year failing which the exporter loses his membership and is not eligible for voting. The registration is issued either as a Manufacturer Exporter or as Merchant Exporter or as Manufacturer and Merchant Exporter. A Manufacturer Exporter is one who imports and manufactures the goods himself for export purpose. A Manufacturer Exporter holds either a SSI (Small Scale Industries) certificate or an IEM (Industrial Entrepreneur Manifest) certificate. Merchant Exporter, is one who does the trading i.e., he will import the raw materials, get them manufactured on job work / contract basis and export the finished products. In the case of Manufacturer and Merchant Exporter, he does both the above functions. The exporter shall furnish quarterly returns of his exports of different commodities to the EPC The status holders should send monthly returns to FIEO also. The EPC de-register a RCMC holder for violation of the condition of registration. Before doing so, the exporter will be given show cause notice and an adequate and reasonable opportunity to make representation against the proposed de-registration. Once de-registration is effected, it will be intimated by the EPC to all the licensing authorities.