Reinstating India's position as THE jewellery design destination in the world, jewellery industry's most premier comprehensive jewellery gathering event in USA, that took place from 1st - 4th, June 2012 at Mandalay Bay Hotel & Conventional Centre, Las Vegas, Nevada. The 4-day global trade event offered a superior experience for business and networking, with over 3100 exhibitors, 21,000 visitors and 22 country pavilions participating from across the country.
The exhibition was inaugurated by Indian Ambassador to the USA H.E. Mrs. Nirupama Rao and graced by noted Indian actress and brand ambassador of the GJEPC, Ms.Sonam A. Kapoor who also dazzled as the show-stopper for the showing by Indian designers and participants.
Commenting on the successful show, Chairman GJEPC, Mr. Rajiv Jain said “The Vegas 2012 show is yet another milestone for the Indian G & J industry as the organizers and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry declared the JCK Las Vegas 2012 as the INDIA SHOW. The India Gallery was a major attraction and a prestigious honour accorded only to the Indian contingent reinstating India's position as THE design destination for the world.
‘India Gallery’ showcased exemplary work by Indian designers and brands, that are not just unique but one of its kind globally. The cultural acts by ICCR, Indian Cuisines, promotions across the Show by Ministry of Tourism and GJEPC was an effort to build an aura of INDIA and establish Identity for the BRAND INDIA, as it is the most sought after destination today", added Mr. Jain
The India Gallery at the ‘Shark Reef’ was a prominent location at the venue that displayed most exquisite jewellery pieces from India reinstating India’s position as ‘Global Jewellery Hub’. This was specially inaugurated by the Ambassador H.E. Mrs. Nirupama Rao and Ms. Sonam Kapoor along with the GJEPC Chairman Mr. Rajiv Jain. These pieces were handpicked by the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council, who invited the finest and leading manufacturers and retailers dealing in designer jewellery to display their products. The showcase was in the categories of mass produced, couture, designer and further that of gold and silver.
Key features and highlights at the JCK Vegas 2012 show were:
• A grand inauguration: India Gem & Jewellery Industry Chairman Mr. Rajiv Jain along with Ministry officials, Indian ambassador to USA H.E. Mrs. Nirupama Rao inaugurated the Show with Reed officials. An Indian Cultural dance performance by some of the finest dancers followed the inauguration.
• India Evening: Hosted on day 1, at Mandalay Bay, the participants witnessed a spectacular show by world renowned Kathak dance artiste, Pandit Chitresh Das Company, with ICCR presenting a cultural act along with an exclusive Jewellery fashion show. The showstopper for the India evening was the beautiful Indian actress and GJEPC's International brand ambassador Sonam Kapoor.
• Daily Jewellery Fashion Show: Showcase of Indian designs - Daily half an hour display of Indian jewellery designs by models in the Runway Café, Shorelines.
• Indian Cuisine: Chefs from TAJ, Mumbai were flown down to Vegas to design a ‘Special India Evening’ menu and serve scrumptious delicacies to the invitees.
• Every Day Cultural Act: GJEPC brought a glimpse of Incredible India through Cultural performances from Gujarat State. Gujarat popularly known for its ethnicity & vibrancy showcased varied kind of cultural pieces.
The India Pavilion located at Bayside Level of Mandalay Bay covered an absolute wide array of fine jewellery products ranging from platinum to gold, diamonds, watches, designer jewellery, antique and estate, bridal jewellery, coloured gemstones, loose diamonds, jewellery services, very high end giftware, pearls, etc. and was visited by Jewellery manufacturers, importers, traders and retailers. It featured a variety of regionally inspired and product specific pavilions. India Pavilion by GJEPC has been a participant at JCK Las Vegas since 2004 and Indian Contingent has grown manifolds since then. 65 leading Indian exporters had participated in the JCK Las Vegas 2012 show, with work that represent a flawless blend of superior international quality and workmanship utilizing Indian talent and design in jewellery making.
With rigorous effort made by the Government of India and The Council, the Indian gem and jewellery export currently pegs at around $46 billion,is expected to record an annual growth of 13%. India today, is poised to take over the world, with its vigour, vibrancy and dynamism.